Has your restaurant remodeled or added new equipment on the advice of a commission consultant? Then your restaurants may become more such as a Kodak Camera when compared to a Disney movie. I have you noticed that Kodak is nearly out of business. Growing up in the ‘70’s and 1960’s, every family experienced a Kodak Camera and I have one of mine still. Those yellow boxes were everywhere and getting your very own Kodachrome camera was seemingly a rite of passage, heck, Paul Simon composed a melody about it even.
As digital camera models gained popularity, Kodak stuck to what they thought. They sneered at digital’s quality, righteous in their knowledge that Americans would NEVER give up shiny pictures because of their picture albums. Today, cellular phone cameras take most of the pictures and they are rarely printed. Kodak will shut the doors, correct in their assertion that developed pictures look much better than low-resolution variations published to Facebook skillfully.
Being deceased and appropriate is not just a great strategy. Today chain restaurants are either growing or dying much the same as Kodak. Simply take a look at restaurants that submitted bankruptcy of late: Claim Jumper, Mr. Pita, Friendly’s, Chevys, Sbarro, Perkins. They are not all dead but they have been far from right.
These are claims frequently heard from legacy restaurant providers. Like Kodak, superior that what has always worked will continue to work. • Our executives have 30 years of experience and know how to run the business. • We use coupons never, nor do we deliver. • We don’t allow or brand to wander, we protect our brand.
• We don’t use online ordering, I-pad purchasing or tone of voice display ordering. • We don’t advertise on Google, Twitter or Facebook. • We don’t open for breakfast. • We like the umbrella strategy each store different personality but under one umbrella. • Video menus and video signage is visceral gimmickry.
• We can’t raise our menu prices. How do a dominating brand and sector head like Kodak, in a rock-solid consumer staple lose everything? Simple, they identified the marketplace, the direction of that market and got the steps to overcome it. If that sounds like your restaurant, retail food specific niche market or sector innovator, you better keep reading. There is little about today’s market, the meals or consumer marketing / special offers that was predictable three years back.
In the next three years the speed of change will continue steadily to increase. Reliability and a comfortable working relationship is properly a key to success. However, if you find your team is blaming the economy, minimum wages increases, cost of health care and rising food cost for disappointing results. Do not forget that many companies are growth both the top and bottom line, number of products and garnering market talk about.
- 30 Jul 2019
- It supports Linux, Windows, Solaris and Mac OS
- 3 STATISTICS ELECTIVES (at least one course will need to have a laboratory). Choose from
- What do you know about your competition
It might be time for Outside Eyes. We always/never use coupons – coupons and promotions are very complicated today. Add the online aggregators the ilk of Livingsocial and Groupon and how will you know very well what works. Here is the point, what you measure you control. All advertising must have a goal that is measurable and clear to guarantee a proper marketing ROI.
We don’t deliver – face it, convenience is a driving a car reason why foodservice is popular. If you do not want to deliver, consider outsourcing. Deliver is not about you. That’s right it is approximately the consumer. The value is covered by us of our brand and its integrity for the consumer, our shareholders and stakeholders.
We know the buyer is powerful not static, but our customer’s return because we have a brandname promise plus they rely upon us to keep that promise. Sounds a whole lot like Kodak, don’t you think? We don’t use online buying our food does not “carry” well. Think about this if you don’t have a genuine way for connecting your menu to computers and cellular devices, your competition will woo your visitors. Consumers are time starved, and addicted to technology, make it easy. Facebook or Google – as above, setup a Facebook page, it costs nothing. Have someone help if you want it and then monitor your page five minutes a day. Today Don’t think about it get began.